Olusola Childs Gov. Aiyedatiwa Claims Over ‘No Vacancy’ in Ondo Gov. House


 
From Aviashima Toom,  Abuja

A governorship aspirant in Ondo state, Chief Olusola Oke, (SAN), has  dismised claim by the Ondo state Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, for saying there is no vacancy in the Ondo Government House.

Olusola dismesed his claim while addressing nwwsmen at the APC National Secretariat Abuja after being screened,  said the no vacancy statement was common to incumbent governors but usually failed at the end of the day.

Chief Oke said:”It’s an aphorism from all incumbent persons, I heard this one in Lagos when Ambode was there. Ambode said “no vacancy”, he had to leave when he needed to leave. It’s a statement of wish and desire by the governor and it’s a statement that is intended to undermine a democratic exercise. If we are going to primaries and the people will have to determine, how would anybody have the gut to say there is no vacancy? 

“There is no vacancy between now and February next year, no doubt, but after February, his one-year term will be exhausted and then there’ll be a vacancy.

“I don’t intend to take over from him before the expiration of his one year in office. So, the essence of this exercise is that there will be vacancy after one year term, and that he or somebody else will occupy the seat. Having regard to my wide contact with the people, I believe that I’m succeeding him.”

One commended the APC for selecting men and women of great value to sit in the screening process of the Ondo governorship aspirants. 

“They are gentlemen and a woman that are there. They have done their job the way they ought to do it. I had no reason to anticipate even before the screening that anything would come up. I’m a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, I have no certificates issue; their own is just merely to confirm what we have claimed. I’ve been a member of the National Assembly, they won’t deny me that. I’ve been a national officer of a political party, they will not dispute that. So everything that I’ve given in my forms is  true to the facts. And so I know no screening committee can disqualify that in the first place. But they’ve done their job thoroughly, diligently and I like that,” Oke stated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gov. Alia Celebrates Predecessor at 63

Residents of FCT Pass Vote of Confidence on Wike

Hybrid Solar Panel Factory Soon To Take Off in Makurdi